Error linking libpq into client program

От Jim Crate
Тема Error linking libpq into client program
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sorry for the incomplete message before, an extremely inconvenient keyboard
shortcut is being changed right now in my email client... :(

I'm trying to build a client program to access a database using the libpq
interface on MacOS X 10.3.3 using CodeWarrior 9.  PostgreSQL is at version
7.4.2.

It compiles ok, but I get a link error.  I have linked to libpq.a, because I got
different errors before I did that.   Here is the error I'm getting right now:

Link Error: undefined: '@_1' (code)
Referenced from 'pqSetenvPoll' in libpq.a
Referenced from 'pqParseInput3' in libpq.a
Referenced from 'PQmakeEmptyPGresult' in libpq.a
Referenced from 'pqGetc' in libpq.a
Referenced from 'getaddrinfo_all' in libpq.a
Referenced from 'createPQExpBuffer' in libpq.a

I didn't build PostgreSQL on my development machine, but copied over the lib and
include directories from the database machine (also running MacOS X 10.3.3).
Would that have anything to do with it?  Any other ideas of things to try?

Jim Crate
Deep Sky Technologies, Inc.